TeamRPM/I-S-O Drift Project IS300

This is a discussion on TeamRPM/I-S-O Drift Project IS300 within the Project and Build-Up Section forums, part of the TunedTech's Features category; Hey guys, just would like to share what I have going on lately. After building 2 cars for "hardparking," I kind of wanted to get something adventurous and build something ...

TunedTech.ca   TunedTech's Features   Project and Build-Up Section

Thank you for visiting the TunedTech Forums for the Car Enthusiasts. We setup this forum so you can chat and meet other car tuners and enthusiasts members online who have similar interests in cars. Our forums are for discussing everything from off topic to the best fuel injectors for your turbo setup. We know that not everyone has just one car, so our forum of many different cars allows you to chat about them all in one place!

Right now, You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, view our gallery, play arcade games, chat box, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast and absolutely free ...

JOIN NOW FOR FREE!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2011, 07:53 PM   #1
tTECH newbie

My Ride: Nikes AirShox
Posts Perday: 0.01

Default TeamRPM/I-S-O Drift Project IS300

Hey guys, just would like to share what I have going on lately. After building 2 cars for "hardparking," I kind of wanted to get something adventurous and build something that involves most of my team mates. Also attending different events besides car meets. I went ahead and purchased a 2001 Lexus IS300 (drifting 240s are a dime a dozen) on 12/17/2010 with a 2jz-gte vvt-i swapped in it with a built automatic E-Shift transmission. In a sort of hurry to see the IS300 in action, I went ahead and installed D2 Coilovers, gutted the car, installed Bride seats and takata harnesses. Also decided to get a bigger exhaust and go for a tune. I was limited to a stock fuel pump and running stock ceramic twin turbos, so I stayed at 14.5 psi for safety and reliability factors. It made 264.5 whp and 265ft/tq.. not complaining but I was excited for the time being. After competing in the first event just to get the feel of the car...I realize the car needs some more suspension tweaking and drifting a built automatic was pretty difficult... I then decided...I need a manual. I then ordered a 2jz-gte (non-vvt-i)6speed getrag swap, I went with non-vvt-i because they're easier to tune than the 2jz-gte vvt-i, and AEM makes a plug and play standalone for the non-vvt-i. My recent mod/ordered list:

Titan Motorsports Single turbo kit with Precision 6265 ball bearing(kit consist of virtual works turbo manifold, tial 44mm wastegate, 2in dumptube, 3 inch exhaust, etc)
Titan Dual fuel system(consist of injector dynamics 1000cc, walboro 255 fuel pump x2, 10-an fuel line)
HyperTune intake manifold with 90mm TB
AEM EMS series 2
Figs engineering custom extended tie rods
Figs engineering custom lower control arms
Figs engineering upper control arms
Figs engineering camber arms

I'll post pictures are parts come in. Stay tuned

pictures of the IS before I bought the car:

Pictures in December when I was getting the car prepped for a trial and error drift event:

at the first drift event to pop the cherries

2jz-gte non-vvt-i 6speed getrag came in couple days ago

This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become part of the Community.

Last edited by On3_Lo35; 04-28-2011 at 11:23 PM.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:07 PM   #2
tTECH member

My Ride: 95 civic coupe
Posts Perday: 0.06
DefaultRe: TeamRPM/I-S-O Drift Project IS300

Ready for some pictures! I love the IS300.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:25 PM   #3
Home boy...

My Ride: g37x
Posts Perday: 1.10

Loving the IS300.. Would you like some tTech decals? Lol
D one
A ccelerating

Old 02-10-2011, 08:28 PM   #4
tTECH newbie

My Ride: unspecified
Posts Perday: 0.02

this is our pride an joy. Keep an eye out for the growth of it. We think you guys will enjoy it :)

Old 02-10-2011, 08:29 PM   #5
tTECH newbie

My Ride: Nikes AirShox
Posts Perday: 0.01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
Loving the IS300.. Would you like some tTech decals? Lol
Sure why not

Old 02-10-2011, 08:37 PM   #6
Home boy...

My Ride: g37x