my new whip honda crx b18a

This is a discussion on my new whip honda crx b18a within the Project and Build-Up Section forums, part of the TunedTech's Features category; Originally Posted by cal9286 its weds. yayayay fri is just a day away! means lots of race fuel in the air and the smell of rubber= the best times ever!!!!!!! ...

TunedTech.ca   TunedTech's Features   Project and Build-Up Section

Thank you for visiting the TunedTech Forums for the Car Enthusiasts. We setup this forum so you can chat and meet other car tuners and enthusiasts members online who have similar interests in cars. Our forums are for discussing everything from off topic to the best fuel injectors for your turbo setup. We know that not everyone has just one car, so our forum of many different cars allows you to chat about them all in one place!

Right now, You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, view our gallery, play arcade games, chat box, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast and absolutely free ...

JOIN NOW FOR FREE!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2010, 04:22 PM   #61
ttech Mod

My Ride: my 2 feet
Posts Perday: 1.03
DefaultRe: my new whip honda crx b18a

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal9286 View Post
its weds. yayayay fri is just a day away! means lots of race fuel in the air and the smell of rubber= the best times ever!!!!!!!

I LOVE THE FREAKIN TRACK!! vids && photos for yall sometime after then.
x2 i absolutely love that smell especially when i can drive lol i start my new job on may 3rd so i will build another car and do bit by bit till im happy lol

This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become part of the Community.

RIP twinkie u will be forever missed

Old 04-17-2010, 12:42 PM   #62
tTECH member

My Ride: 91 CRX SI/01 Corolla
Posts Perday: 0.08

well sorry boys got rained out at the last minute. but im glad it did because the rex was stuck in storage and i couldnt get it out.. i dont think imma have to worry bout anyone stealing it haha~!

Old 04-17-2010, 02:04 PM   #63
ttech Mod

so caitlyn do you feel like telling y it was stuck in storage yet?

Old 04-18-2010, 11:35 PM   #64
tTECH member

ok so i keep the rex in storage... and it was time to pay storage. and then kid that pays for it his dad also has couple storage units at the same place. anyways so he went and paid it thurs morning on his lunch break. and asked the guy there if he would go take his lock off and that i would be able to get in it on fri. cuz the payment was late. and the guy said sure thing not gonna be a problem. ok sooo friday rolls around which i had all day off got all my shit done and then you could see the storm rollling in and it kept sprinkling on and off. and i was in a bad mood already cuz the storm was fucking with me and everytime i called the track they were still running. when where i was at it was pouring so hard you could barely see when you were drivin so long story short i went to the storage unit and i get there put my code in and the code was denied wouldnt let me in need less to say my arm got drenched in the process and i called dude and was like it wont let me in so he called and raised hell, then he got his dads code and i got in with that and went to my unit and they still had there damn lock on it so that i couldnt get in called dude back and he called them again to raise hell. and then he called the track again and they had just cancelled cuz the rain and thats the only reason there is still a door on my unit cuz if the races were on we were planning on callin the cops reporting it stolen and rippin the door off with dudes truck cuz dude even called them friday morning and was like we have to get in today is that going to be a problem and then guy there was like no no no we have the lock off yall are good to go. the only reason i didnt go psyco on there ass is cuz the track cancelled.........ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shit gets my nerves goin just thinkin bout it. i was on the verge of destroying shit there..

:)))))

were finding a new storage place now.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:27 PM   #65
ttech Mod

damn i woulda killed em lol id have been so fuckin pissed

Old 04-22-2010, 12:36 PM   #66
tTECH member

let me guess its gonna get rained out.. fml.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:34 PM   #67
ttech Mod

damn caitlyn that sucks i will tell you its your y49 rex but im not going to lol ive told you enough times lol

Old 05-15-2010, 11:21 AM   #68
tTECH member

well another day at the track.. last night i knocked my fastest time from a couple weeks ago of 16.5 down to 16.4 and then thanks for the crx to run me i got down 16.1 my r/t was really shitty this week. and my car is not runnin right... when i hit 3rd its loosing power it feels like and blowing white smoke.. my friend thinks the injectors are to big and that thats part of the problem.

I think were gonna take a break and go ahead and pull the motor and freshen it up new rings and seals and the whole 9 yards and go ahead and start building this motor NA monster..

SOOOOOooo I need some opinions on cams brands/size all that.. were pullin it this week sometime and sending the head to be ported and polished, and shit so let me know any help would be awesome.. i dont want to be out of racing for a long time so i wanna figure out what to get and get it done.

Old 05-15-2010, 08:50 PM   #69
ttech Mod

i cant remeber what cams are good for an na ls motor but i would deffinatly do stainless valves and have at least a 3 angle valve job done in addition to the p&p and ive been told that the skunk2 intake manifolds are great for the b18s/b motor so other than that i dont know im not knowledgeable enough with the ls motor but i would do a poor mans type r if i were ever to go ls btw poor mans type r is an la vtec with b16 pistons

Old 05-16-2010, 06:01 PM   #70
tTECH member

well twinkie. nate and i were talking about this motor build just aftter i posted that and he said that if were going NA then it would benefit to go to vtec, i looked at conversion kits and stuff but he said for that price we might as well buy a whole new vtec motor. im thinking thats what were going to do now and i believe that im doing the whole setup with Blox - valves, springs, T1 retainers and cam gears. i really like this brand a lot. but their cams are sooo expensive i might look around on those. but they dont carry any thing like that for non-vtec. so yeah.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:56 AM   #71
ttech Mod

sorry i musta been real tired last night and do you remember my old roomie jhon? i would do his set up only better it was the ls vtec that i was talking about called a poor mans type r that is what i would do and i would use skunk 2 cams or web cams with a vtec engine . and super tech valves because not only are they great valves but they are easy on the wallet as well and cortney green the honda god of utah loves them and runs them in his own car he runs a 9.2 sec quarter mile on a b20vtec set up and thats in utah wich is extremely impressive its one of the top 5 fastest imports in utah and he is also the one that tunes all the fast hondas out here i would go to him for tuningif i were you if u lived in utah but i will say that the guy that tuned my car was great and i will try to get his number for you in a few days he lives in cinci so he is fairly close and has great prices. remember that a motor is only as good as the tune on it so take car to get it tuned properly

i work tomorrow so if you respond to this today i wont be able to respond till 1 am tuesday sorry but i hoe this helps you cfreezy

Old 06-10-2010, 12:12 PM   #72
tTECH member

i need opinions again.. so if i build this motor to be nasty as hell NA what motor should i go wiht? i was told b18a was not the one to use.. i think we are gonna switch to vtec. or jdm swap or gsr are also in the mix.. but what do yall think?

Old 06-11-2010, 03:25 AM   #73
ttech Mod

k24 with a k20 head and f22 pistons ftw need i say more lol