My Honda 04 AP2 S2000 Build-Up Thread

This is a discussion on My Honda 04 AP2 S2000 Build-Up Thread within the Project and Build-Up Section forums, part of the TunedTech's Features category; Very legit! can't wait to see it on, I love the hard top s2k's:) This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become part ...

TunedTech.ca   TunedTech's Features   Project and Build-Up Section

Thank you for visiting the TunedTech Forums for the Car Enthusiasts. We setup this forum so you can chat and meet other car tuners and enthusiasts members online who have similar interests in cars. Our forums are for discussing everything from off topic to the best fuel injectors for your turbo setup. We know that not everyone has just one car, so our forum of many different cars allows you to chat about them all in one place!

Right now, You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, view our gallery, play arcade games, chat box, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast and absolutely free ...

JOIN NOW FOR FREE!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2011, 08:14 PM   #91
tTECH member

My Ride: 95 civic coupe
Posts Perday: 0.06
DefaultRe: My Honda 04 AP2 S2000 Build-Up Thread

Very legit! can't wait to see it on, I love the hard top s2k's:)

This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become part of the Community.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:11 AM   #92
Home boy...

My Ride: g37x
Posts Perday: 1.10

Agree! Much better than the original one..
D one
A ccelerating

Old 05-23-2011, 04:26 PM   #93
ttech Super Mod

My Ride: AP2
Posts Perday: 0.14

UPDATE 5/23/11

So I went by the shop on Sat and helped out with the hartop installation.
It needed a bit of adjustment but Honda makes that very simple with slider bolts and notched markers to keep track of changes.

It took just a little more than an hour to bolt on the new front strikers, the rear catchers and to wire up the defrot set-up.

Then it took about 30 mins to adjust the top via the rear striker adjusters.
And poof.. in no time I hade a S2000 coupe.

the complete hardtop kit

front strikers (front view)

front strikers (top view)

rear passenger catcher

defrost plug

back side of the defrost plug

new brush (L) vs old brush (R)

topless teaser

I should hopefully be picking the car up from the bodyshop tomorrow, then its getting the car prepp'd for the Slammed Society event on June 4th.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:27 PM   #94
ttech Super Mod

UPDATE 06/01/11

Finally got a day to put a few things on the car.
The top had some dry-rot due to sitting around so long, so in my search for a new canvas (my 3rd to date ) I actually found a really good deal on a complete top. So out came the old top with motors and frame, and in went the new one.

Considering that the whole interior had to come out, the whole process went pretty fast. It took about 3.5 hours to do the complete swap. Which is extreemly fast considering it took me 6 hours when I did the re-canvasing last time

the re-canvasing that I did last time

Since everything was out, I decided to take advantage and install the roll bar and permenantley remove the OEM seat belts.
Then I put it on the lift to adjust the coilovers and set the proper ride height.
Unfortunatley, once set, the car was too low to come off the lift
So we had to raise it again, take it off the lift and then do a corner at a time with a floor jack.

Finally on Monday, I took some time and gave her a quick wash to celebrate her homecoming.

Now all that is left is to install the side diffusers and wait for the seats to arrive. Recaro said they'd be here by today, but I just got word from FVD Brombacher that they arrived to the Recaro USA plant but haven't even shipped out.

So I got my fingers crossed and we'll see what happens...

Old 06-01-2011, 04:36 PM   #95
ttech Super Mod

My Ride: 06 Mazdaspeed 6
Posts Perday: 0.58

what a difference, that looks so nice, is it possible to make it a hard top convertible now?

Old 06-02-2011, 09:55 AM   #96
ttech Super Mod

@Shanook yeah, the hardtop locks into place. When I want I can just unlatch it, leave it at home and use my soft top. :)

Old 06-05-2011, 09:22 PM   #97
ttech Super Mod

My Ride: 06 Mazdaspeed 6
Posts Perday: 0.58

that's awesome, i can imagine it not being too heavy so it probably takes like what? 10 minutes to convert to convertible?