JZZ30 Soarer GT35 Single Conversion.

This is a discussion on JZZ30 Soarer GT35 Single Conversion. within the Project and Build-Up Section forums, part of the TunedTech's Features category; The stock twins on the Soarer finally bit the bullet, they have lived for 178,000km's and lived well.... Until I was putting up the highway and decided to teach a ...

TunedTech.ca   TunedTech's Features   Project and Build-Up Section

Thank you for visiting the TunedTech Forums for the Car Enthusiasts. We setup this forum so you can chat and meet other car tuners and enthusiasts members online who have similar interests in cars. Our forums are for discussing everything from off topic to the best fuel injectors for your turbo setup. We know that not everyone has just one car, so our forum of many different cars allows you to chat about them all in one place!

Right now, You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, view our gallery, play arcade games, chat box, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast and absolutely free ...

JOIN NOW FOR FREE!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2011, 06:34 AM   #1
tTECH newbie

My Ride: Mitsubishi GTO VR-4
Posts Perday: 0.01

Default JZZ30 Soarer GT35 Single Conversion.

The stock twins on the Soarer finally bit the bullet, they have lived for 178,000km's and lived well.... Until I was putting up the highway and decided to teach a Civic a good lesson in manners. Upon doing so though, I started seeing my boost gauge bouncing erratically between 5 and 10 psi. I ran the car home and found that the front turbo had seized, and my stock rad had yet again blown the top tank.

So I toggled my options around landing on a GT35 big single conversion, and stuck with it. I ordered my parts yesterday afternoon and got an estimated two weeks ETA on them.

The first step of it all was to tackle the removal of the stock CT12A's, this was by no means whatsoever an easy task. I swear whoever had them off last put every exhaust stud in with an impact, it took me two hours alone to get the headers off, and another two to wrangle the stock coolant and oil hard lines out. I wish the turbos were done like a 2JZ's on my engine, it would have saved me many hours of grief, but I got them.

This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become part of the Community.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:06 AM   #2
tTECH newbie

DefaultRe: JZZ30 Soarer GT35 Single Conversion.

Here I was in the process or removing the stock turbos, I can assure you that it was in no way a walk in the park, many many, curse words were employed...

Well, there they are, off and out of my way. A combined total of about 12 hours, several cases of beer, and my iPhone for music helped.

I did a lot of cleaning up after everything was all said and done with the removal of the turbos, a three pass cut wax and de greasing.

I got bored and ran out of things to do on my other car for the time being, so I decided to bust out the old buffing wheel and brighten some things up... In a BIG way.

Some more buffing, you can maybe even see that I had re painted the valve covers.

And right there I got my $500 worth of FORGED Racing radiator installed.

Here is what the car looks like for anyone wondering.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:12 AM   #3
tTECH newbie

Here is why I took the old turbos off, this is a PRIME example of why ceramic turbine wheels are no good. (Rear Turbo)

This was the seized turbo, I managed to free it up, and get it spinning well again, but will no be saving it by any means... (Front Turbo)

I will update the thread as much as I can, I am sort of sparatically receiving parts as we speak.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:00 AM   #4
Home boy...

My Ride: g37x
Posts Perday: 1.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Parker View Post
Here I was in the process or removing the stock turbos, I can assure you that it was in no way a walk in the park, many many, curse words were employed...

Well, there they are, off and out of my way. A combined total of about 12 hours, several cases of beer, and my iPhone for music helped.

I did a lot of cleaning up after everything was all said and done with the removal of the turbos, a three pass cut wax and de greasing.
I got bored and ran out of things to do on my other car for the time being, so I decided to bust out the old buffing wheel and brighten some things up... In a BIG way.

Some more buffing, you can maybe even see that I had re painted the valve covers.

And right there I got my $500 worth of FORGED Racing radiator installed.

Here is what the car looks like for anyone wondering.
that looks a lot better than before...
D one
A ccelerating

Old 06-02-2011, 11:01 AM   #5
Home boy...

Keep us updated bro!
D one
A ccelerating

Old 06-05-2011, 09:23 PM   #6
ttech Super Mod

My Ride: 06 Mazdaspeed 6
Posts Perday: 0.58

ya wow =D ALOT better =p

Old 06-22-2012, 12:58 AM   #7
tTECH newbie

Hey guys, sorta fell off the band wagon with this forum, here's what the finished product was though. I sold the car about two weeks after finishing the project and moved onto a Mitsubishi GTO that replaced this and my Stealth.

Last edited by J_Parker; 06-22-2012 at 01:01 AM.

Old 06-22-2012, 03:18 PM   #8
Home boy...

this pic makes me wanna do my engine bay too.. LOL but imm sooooooo lazy... hahaha
D one
A ccelerating