Dane-97redjetgsr build updated 2/6/2011

This is a discussion on Dane-97redjetgsr build updated 2/6/2011 within the Project and Build-Up Section forums, part of the TunedTech's Features category; Hey people this is my build thred for here now...i have a 1997 Acura integra GSR.it was all OEM stock.i bought the car with 142,000 miles on it and ran ...

TunedTech.ca   TunedTech's Features   Project and Build-Up Section

Thank you for visiting the TunedTech Forums for the Car Enthusiasts. We setup this forum so you can chat and meet other car tuners and enthusiasts members online who have similar interests in cars. Our forums are for discussing everything from off topic to the best fuel injectors for your turbo setup. We know that not everyone has just one car, so our forum of many different cars allows you to chat about them all in one place!

Right now, You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, view our gallery, play arcade games, chat box, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast and absolutely free ...

JOIN NOW FOR FREE!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2011, 10:41 PM   #1
tTECH newbie

My Ride: 1997 Acura integra
Posts Perday: 0.01

Default Dane-97redjetgsr build updated 2/6/2011

Hey people this is my build thred for here now...i have a 1997 Acura integra GSR.it was all OEM stock.i bought the car with 142,000 miles on it and ran super great.i have owned the car for 2 years now and i love to travel so the miles added up fast and now the car has 190,000miles on it.I knew my engine was due for a rebuild but i know i didnt want to go stock.its took me a hole year to see what i wanted to do with my car and engine.i found this shop called laskey racing to have my engine done by them so after calling mike and talking to him and 7 other shops i still went with laskey.The pricing and the parts being used and what was in the package i just couldnt pass up.I am doing somethings on the car show kinda but yet it will hold up on the track.i love full road corse racing and now i wanted to do it with my car.well here are pics to start things off with i hope people like what i am do and if not then i guess thats to bad my car lol.

the time has come to start on my integra.i have owned it for 2 years now and been thinking for along time of what i really wanted to do with the car.im staying N/A.The engine build will be done by laskey racing.here are some pics from tonight of what i have started on the car,noting to big but all in time it will look great.

The car in the shop on jack stands!

Getting ready to take off the front end

lolol i think i need more camber...NOT!

yay one side done

JUNK! in the trash!

rad out of the car

time for a update!!! here are some more pics of whats been going on with my car.The engine and trans came out easy.one new parts came in and waiting on bunch more!

Went to harbor freight and picked up a 2ton engine hoist and egnine stand for 289$ i was tired of asking for my friends

intake off/ac lines ect

these will be getting a cleaning and if anything needs new seals will also do it at this time

I got the ac lines off with out breaking or benting them at all yay

good BYE hello skunk2 !

hell were did it go hah

looken good on the stand cant wait to open it up and see really what is going on.

trans,drity but will get cleaned! also waiting for parts

MY NEW PART TYPE R OEM BRAND NEW

alright sunday update! i worked from 2:00pm to 10pm today on my engine/car.got were i want to be so i am happy with that.i did get my axles and APR head studs and paint.so here are pics of what got done.

cams out now head bolts are about to be taken out

old head gasket

here is cylinder number 3.now i know why i keep getting fuoled plugs and 4 looks the same

everything off in back of the block

in to the bottom end!

so here is number 3 exhaust side valve ya....looks good NOT!!

here is a valve from a diff exhaust cyl

taking valve spings off

ahh my car is naked

new parts!

paint for the engine bay!

NEW PARTS

update today not that to many seem to care at this point about this build im doing....? but anyway i got the ABS pump,lines off,clutch line out,engine harness and little brakets that are held on with 10mm bolts...i didnt know a car could have so many 10mm bolts! also took my A/C reciver out and rest of the lines.head lights are off.also dropped the front cross member as well.also got the engine packed up and SHIPPED OUT!

update,today i got everything around that i am getting poweder coated.i started working on taking off the rear trailing arms and what a pain in the ass that was.everything is broken back there but thats ok new things will be put in and will be good for another 12 years :) here are some pics...oooo also got few new parts and things i picked up

being replaced with skunk2 lower control arms

yea this isnt good and will take a min to fix

these arent to bad but replacing them

New parts!

well this is what i did today and that break everything or fined out what was broke.my OEM bushing were so rusted to the bolts they would not move at all.also my driver side rear brake line,someone befor be didnt use a brake line wrench on it and rounded it off so there for i ended up breaking it so now i need to get a new fitting and reflare that side.not to big of a deal but just something more to do.my rear trailing arms are junk! all the OEM welded on bolts broke off and also when i took the bolt out it bent it becaues of the bushing being so rusted.now i really know why my car crap on the road well here is some pics

JUNK!

some of you might think i should just fix my rear trailing arms now but it would take more time then its worth trying to cut the bolts out and what not and of top of that my OEM rotors are frozen on as well.

small update,i got my seats,dash out today and got the wiring pulled inside the car now.

might put it here....?

This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become part of the Community.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:09 AM   #2
Home boy...

My Ride: g37x
Posts Perday: 1.10
DefaultRe: Dane-97redjetgsr build updated 2/6/2011

Dang.. Nice built man! How come some pictures don't work? Lol
D one
A ccelerating

Old 03-08-2011, 01:09 PM   #3
tTECH newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
Dang.. Nice built man! How come some pictures don't work? Lol
Thanks man its alot of work and just things take time.for the pics im not sure but im sure your not missing much but i will update later tonight!

Old 03-08-2011, 08:28 PM   #4
tTECH newbie

alright here is an update i got more wiring done and more new parts in and still yet weeks on end work to do but im loving it!

Got wire?

Old 03-08-2011, 08:48 PM   #5
Home boy...

its looking good bro! cant wait for the final pics
D one
A ccelerating

Old 03-11-2011, 12:15 AM   #6
tTECH newbie

update today well tonight now that it is 1am here.I got the driver side wiring harness inside out of the firewall along with i removed the brake booster,clutch master,gas cable,cruise control box.there for the engine bay was free! so i cleaned as u can see in the pic then i started body work on the engine bay.after the bondo i put on was drying i stoped for the night and then went home to NEW PARTS OOO YEA...gotta love new honda OEM parts

Old 03-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #7
tTECH member

My Ride: 95 civic coupe
Posts Perday: 0.06

Looks like its coming along nicely! I will be keeping up on this

Old 03-11-2011, 09:51 PM   #8
tTECH newbie

well not to big of an update tonight just more engine bay work.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:53 PM   #9
tTECH newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaluvr View Post
Looks like its coming along nicely! I will be keeping up on this
thanks! its alot of work but i cant wait to see it done!

Old 03-12-2011, 11:44 PM   #10
tTECH newbie

update:well i think i pretty much got the perp work done on the engine bay but im sure i will see more in the moring.I got the frame rails painted with por-15 and also the bottom rad support.I started to take off the back bumper then my gf came down and SAID I WANT FOOD RWAR hahahhaha so i stoped for the night also NEW PARTS!

To the top with OEM parts

Old 03-16-2011, 05:44 PM   #11
tTECH newbie

update with no pics.I started pulling off trim on the front windshiled and it was bad day after that! when i pulled off the top trim there was a little rock that got caught under the trim and it scraped the edge of the windsheild and CRACKED IT OOO WAS I PISSED so that ended the day right there for damn sure.so tuesday i have a new windsheild going in and costing me 193$.dose anyone think i can claim this on ins with my car being on storage fee right now?also was dum dum and found out that i missed my plug that you time the car with and ended up cuting them 2 wires for it (dont do wire work at 2am with no sleep) so now i gotta rewire that back in not to big of a deal becaues the dash isnt back in yet or heater back ( i was lucky to see it befor i did to).also order more parts from honda so they will be in 2 to 3 weeks.for now that is it going to work on it some more tonight lets hope things get better :)

Old 03-17-2011, 10:08 PM   #12
tTECH newbie

GOOD update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! new parts and more parts i love it!!!

Bottom end done by laskey racing

Old 03-17-2011, 11:17 PM   #13
Home boy...

Nice..
D one
A ccelerating

Old 03-21-2011, 01:49 PM   #14
tTECH member

My Ride: 95 civic coupe