1991 Mitsubiushi GTO Twin GT35-R Build

This is a discussion on 1991 Mitsubiushi GTO Twin GT35-R Build within the Project and Build-Up Section forums, part of the TunedTech's Features category; Shortly after finishing up my Soarer's big single GT35-R build, I got bored of the ATX, then decided I needed something new/more fun to work with. I found a nice ...

TunedTech.ca   TunedTech's Features   Project and Build-Up Section

Thank you for visiting the TunedTech Forums for the Car Enthusiasts. We setup this forum so you can chat and meet other car tuners and enthusiasts members online who have similar interests in cars. Our forums are for discussing everything from off topic to the best fuel injectors for your turbo setup. We know that not everyone has just one car, so our forum of many different cars allows you to chat about them all in one place!

Right now, You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, view our gallery, play arcade games, chat box, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast and absolutely free ...

JOIN NOW FOR FREE!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2012, 01:49 AM   #1
tTECH newbie

My Ride: Mitsubishi GTO VR-4
Posts Perday: 0.01

Default 1991 Mitsubiushi GTO Twin GT35-R Build

Shortly after finishing up my Soarer's big single GT35-R build, I got bored of the ATX, then decided I needed something new/more fun to work with. I found a nice low mileage 91 Mitsubishi GTO.

Owning a Stealth at the time I jumped into this car knowing it like the back of my hand. I've been driving it around and slowly picking away at it for the past nine months, until recently I concluded that I wanted to go for an insane twin GT35-R build on it. Thus far I have gotten the engine pulled and torn down. I will be ditching the stock 3.0L bore/stroke and upping to 3.5L

To side with the massive power gains of the new turbos, I have gone as far as putting a dual pump dual feed fuel system into the car, and 1,200cc injectors. I've also gone with a Greddy eManage Ultimate stand alone engine management.

I'll fill this in as I go, hope you enjoy the build as much as I have been.

This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become part of the Community.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:57 AM   #2
tTECH newbie

DefaultRe: 1991 Mitsubiushi GTO Twin GT35-R Build

Here's a sneak peek at the 3.5L engine that is soon to be going in.

The turbos and IC that are on there in this picture will NOT be going back onto the car.

As you can see I pulled out the stock (ish) 3.0L engine and have started to clean up the engine bay. I'm hoping that I can have all the rest of the parts out by the end of tomorrow. I will then be able to pressure wash the bay and start sanding/prep for paint. I will then, finally be rid of the awful 1/2 red 1/2 white scheme going on.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:51 PM   #3
tTECH newbie

A lot has happened since my last post, so here's an update!

Here the engine bay had just been painted, turned out very good too!

I also went as far as painting the inside of the car after I had done some weight reduction cleaning.

I finally got around to throwing my 3.5L engine into the car. Looks like a diamond sitting in that black bay :)

As you can see the paint job in the engine bay was done with much detail, I wet sanded it down to 2000 grit and cut waxed it with mild for several hours.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:57 PM   #4
tTECH newbie

Here's a full final bay shot after cut wax. The picture really doesn't do it any justice.

I also got both my chrome brake and clutch boosters installed.

Here's a look at about 1/2 of the total wiring I had removed from the car.

After a very long four month wait... My turbos arrived!!!

Here's how these monsters will be sitting in my engine bay.

Seeing as the rest of the engine is polished... I figured I'd do the turbos to go with it.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:06 PM   #5
Home boy...

My Ride: g37x
Posts Perday: 1.10

WoW... I cannot wait till you have this beast done keep us posted and please post some video after as well
D one
A ccelerating

Old 09-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #6
tTECH newbie

I finally got my gold foil heat reflector into the engine bay, this stuff should save the surrounding paint my turbos will put off... And it looks good.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #7
tTECH newbie

Over the past few days I've managed to get a fair bit done on the exterior of my car.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:37 PM   #8
tTECH newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
WoW... I cannot wait till you have this beast done keep us posted and please post some video after as well
I certainly will!