My 1998 Prelude SH

This is a discussion on My 1998 Prelude SH within the Members Ride forums, part of the TunedTech's Features category; Hey guys here is my Honda Prelude type SH ("super handling" for those that don't know) I bought the car back in November and the previous owner tried to keep ...

TunedTech.ca   TunedTech's Features   Members Ride

Thank you for visiting the TunedTech Forums for the Car Enthusiasts. We setup this forum so you can chat and meet other car tuners and enthusiasts members online who have similar interests in cars. Our forums are for discussing everything from off topic to the best fuel injectors for your turbo setup. We know that not everyone has just one car, so our forum of many different cars allows you to chat about them all in one place!

Right now, You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, view our gallery, play arcade games, chat box, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast and absolutely free ...

JOIN NOW FOR FREE!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2010, 01:10 PM   #1
tTECH newbie

My Ride: 1998 Prelude SH
Posts Perday: 0.02

Default My 1998 Prelude SH

Hey guys here is my Honda Prelude type SH ("super handling" for those that don't know)

I bought the car back in November and the previous owner tried to keep it as clean as possible and also kept it pretty stock.
5spd Standard, 151,000 miles
When I got it there was only a skunk2 megapower catback exhaust (not sure of the piping size), OEM leather interior, 35% window tint, and HIDs.

The motor is an H22A4 which is black top, dohc vtec, CR 10.0:1
Haven't dyno'd or anything, but stock specs are 197 hp @ 7,000 rpm and 156 ft·lbf @ 5250 rpm

Here are some pics:

When I first got it-

Recent, now has steel wheels and winter tires to ensure safe winter driving lol, and not the best pictures but I'll be getting better ones once it's warmer -

This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become part of the Community.

Old 02-28-2010, 01:16 PM   #2
Home boy...

My Ride: g37x
Posts Perday: 1.17
DefaultRe: My 1998 Prelude SH

nice and clean ride man and future plan for it?
D one
A ccelerating

Old 02-28-2010, 01:25 PM   #3
tTECH newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
nice and clean ride man and future plan for it?
thanks man & was about to post lol:

My plans for this car are first to clean it up in the spring,
Probably do a Wire tuck and good cleaning of the engine bay,
there's a big rip in the driver's seat which I have another better (but still a bit beat up, but it was only $20 ) seat to replace it.

Planning to install these authentic JDM "fogs" soon, popular mod for preludes since it looks so good lol I got a real good deal on mine.

I'd really like to put a lot of money into this car, and I will be but, the money's coming slowly lol. Definitely will be going for a JDM look, most likely will stay N/A
-I plan on getting an OEM front lip and side skirts, and Mugen rear valences (most likely replica since they're very hard to find)
-Probably Integra Type R rims like DC5
-Would like to shave the sidemarkers on the front bumper and get JDM ones in the fenders

As far as engine build, someday I'm thinking a JDM H22A swap (red top; OBD1 and an extra 20 hp) with LSD transmission which would mean getting rid of ATTS and need of an OBD1 ecu.
Idk, still reading up over on the prelude forums, learning all kinds of good stuff

Old 02-28-2010, 01:29 PM   #4
Home boy...

Great stuff man would love to see the update man Good luck.

if you have any question. please feel free the site
D one
A ccelerating

Old 02-28-2010, 01:45 PM   #5
tTECH newbie

thanks man I'll be sure to update as they come
and will do, sure there's some great info here

Old 02-28-2010, 01:55 PM   #6
tTECH newbie

My Ride: Civic coupe

wow nice clean ride bro ive always wanted to buy prelude but then i end up getting a civic lol you should slam that ride man

Old 02-28-2010, 01:59 PM   #7
tTECH newbie

thanks man, they're really fun cars to drive. I was looking for a civic at first but then I got hooked on prelude

lol totally, I'm gonna be looking into a drop

Old 02-28-2010, 02:05 PM   #8
Home boy...

I agree dropping that would be nice.
check out our vendor here http://forums.tunedtech.ca/f99/tein-...lies-last-708/
D one
A ccelerating

Old 02-28-2010, 03:23 PM   #9
tTECH member

My Ride: MY04 STI WRX
Posts Perday: 0.05

Looks tidy dude =]

Old 02-28-2010, 03:31 PM   #10
tTECH newbie

My Ride: Eg6
Posts Perday: 0.01

clean prelude! same here... i was thinking of getting the 94 prelude... i always liked the digital guages it had. but i was thinking more about mpg, so i got a civic hatch. i heard h22's have problems in the long run... im not sure if thats tru tho, cuz iv never had 1...

Old 02-28-2010, 09:17 PM   #11
tTECH newbie

nice I'm really looking into those Tein springs, just wondering what kind of struts I should go with since it'd be good to just do both at the same time...

but thanks guys! yeah I like the fronts of the 4th gen preludes a lot but I'm not really crazy about the dash, it's cool technology but idk lol. I haven't heard a lot about H22s having problems other than when people try to do insane builds lol. I've seen people even put H22s in civic hatches

the main problem I've heard is with the ATTS (in SH and Type S models I believe), it's a PITA to deal with as far as with all the hoses and components. Plus once you start putting out around 250hp it just stops working so it becomes dead weight.

Old 03-01-2010, 01:53 PM   #12
tTECH newbie

yeh... i think that was one of the problems i was hearing about.... but idk for sure. iv seen h22s in civics... but from what i know, h22s are great. but they dont have as much aftermarket support as b-series motors do.... thats why many stick with b-series because of all the variety of parts available for them. this is just my knowlege, i could be wrong... lol but, whats strange to me is.. i can find any h22s around my spot for around 2k... but there are gsr motors, and k20s starting from 3.5k... since h22s have more power and torque than gsrs why are they so cheap? and that goes for b20's and b18b's.... i bought a b20 block for my wifey, she blew her LS b18b. another b18 was going to cost us 1.2k... but i got a clean b20 with low low miles for 550... they are almost similar but b20s lack hp, but gains alot more tq than b18b's. i dont get it...

Old 03-01-2010, 06:51 PM   #13
tTECH newbie

yeah, h22s are great and especially back in the day that was an impressive four banger lol. But that's probably why they're cheaper, not as much aftermarket support/not as popular I guess like supply in demand? idk ha, I'm not entirely sure why so don't quote me on it, just what I came up with logically.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:41 AM   #14
tTECH newbie

yeah.. ur probably right on that 1

Old 03-07-2010, 08:55 AM   #15
tTECH newbie

lol I guess,

So yesterday was really nice out which is awesome because I can't wait for Spring and putting my rims back on hahah.
So I spent a couple hours outside just doing some interior cleaning.
Also put in my "new" seat, the side is damaged pretty badly, but for $20 it's a lot better than a gaping hole underneath your crotch

I'll try to get some pics up later