95 civic & 79 datsun 620 - Oklahoma

This is a discussion on 95 civic & 79 datsun 620 - Oklahoma within the Members Ride forums, part of the TunedTech's Features category; Originally Posted by hondaluvr Thank you sir! Yeah I plan on taking this up there for sure. I think it should be a good one. I'm out in okc a ...

TunedTech.ca   TunedTech's Features   Members Ride

Thank you for visiting the TunedTech Forums for the Car Enthusiasts. We setup this forum so you can chat and meet other car tuners and enthusiasts members online who have similar interests in cars. Our forums are for discussing everything from off topic to the best fuel injectors for your turbo setup. We know that not everyone has just one car, so our forum of many different cars allows you to chat about them all in one place!

Right now, You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, view our gallery, play arcade games, chat box, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast and absolutely free ...

JOIN NOW FOR FREE!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2011, 03:10 PM   #16
tTECH newbie

My Ride: 89 Honda Accord lx
Posts Perday: 0.02
DefaultRe: 95 civic & 79 datsun 620 - Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaluvr View Post
Thank you sir! Yeah I plan on taking this up there for sure. I think it should be a good one. I'm out in okc a decent amount. Was up there the last two saturdays cruising with some friends.
Nice nice well i plan on taking my 89 accord lx so if you see a brown one that will be me :)

This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become part of the Community.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #17
tTECH member

My Ride: 95 civic coupe
Posts Perday: 0.07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanook View Post
=D good, might as well replace everything when its easier and more convenient to do so
Exactly! Since its at 100xxx miles+ I figured it probably has not been done so I might as well do it now. Lot of other plans for it but this will work for now. The motor is halfway pulled, once I get my next paycheck it should be in! whoot whoot

Old 03-03-2011, 04:22 PM   #18
tTECH member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89JDMAccord View Post
Nice nice well i plan on taking my 89 accord lx so if you see a brown one that will be me :)
I'll be in the little black civic hopefully with a new motor:D

Old 03-14-2011, 02:10 PM   #19
tTECH member

Bump! some good friends and I swapped the motor in Friday night and had it all up and running by saturday morning. Took it to oklahoma city to cruise and test it out. Put 250 miles on the swap.

Did a few highway runs, raced a 98 civic ls-vtec with the ls tranny and we were fairly even. Next was a 95 civic coupe with a JDM GSR.. I hit rev limiter (Its been a few years!) and he took me. Also raced a b20 in a 95 hatch and I spun through 1st and half of second (launched to high.. again its been a few years!) and he took me by about 2 cars. All in all it was a good night!

Old 03-29-2011, 10:07 AM   #20
tTECH member

Update! new photo added

Looks like this:

Old 04-11-2011, 09:12 AM   #21
tTECH member

Updated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:15 AM   #22
tTECH member

So update.. been kinda slow at this.

My clutch started slipping a few weeks back, and shaking pretty bad at take off. I decided over the weekend I was going to put a new clutch in, and was surprised to see how my old one looked. I also replaced my oil pump with a brand new one from honda while I was at it.

I found some small chunks of clutch disc when I pulled off the flywheel cover

I purchased an Exedy stg 1 clutch kit and fidanza lightweight 7.5lb flywheel.

Also purchased an ASR rear lower tie bar, skunk2 upper ball joints, function/form black lca's w/ poly bushings, and the energy suspension master bushing kit.

Last I bought the Jdm stanley headlights with city lights and Stanley clear corners.

Its coming along decently for being my DD, Hope to have pictures of everything installed soon.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:58 PM   #23
Home boy...

My Ride: g37x
Posts Perday: 1.14

digging the ASR
D one
A ccelerating

Old 05-17-2011, 09:57 AM   #24
tTECH member

Why thank you! Thinking about rebuilding my b18c1 more and more lately.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:59 PM   #25
tTECH member

Well I havne't been on here in awhile due to work and moving and just a lot going on lol. A few pictureless":(" updates.

Since may I have installed new fenders and bumper, installed the jdm headlights and clear corners. all new fender bolts and misc. bolts around the bay from honda, also picked up some brand new fenderwells and hardware. Installed those and under coated the whole area.
I took off the ASR bar and put back on my GSR rear sway bar while undercoating the whole rear, Installed my ES lca bushings, Picked up a set of Function>Form Type 1's and installed those. Ordered some hardrace trailing arm bushings from JHPUSA.com and still waiting on those right now.

ALSO Picked up a EG6 non srs steering wheel for a great price and installed it that past weekend.

Picked up another B18C block and a B16 head with ITR internals and a set of new CTR pistons. Polishing the internals of the Intake manifold now and getting prepped for a Poor mans type-R build. Can't wait! Pretty excited to start again on this car, haven't had a garage which is part of the reasoning to stopping for awhile.

I'll try to get some pictures up soon of how its sitting now and the new parts! Maybe do a write up on replacing the trailing arm bushings when it comes time. lol

Old 04-15-2012, 07:30 AM   #26
tTECH newbie

My Ride: 2012 GMC Sierra 2500
Posts Perday: 0.00

Civic is hot! I just sold my 95 dx project, unfortunately i bought a new car and needed space in the driveway.