Why do you modified your car?

This is a discussion on Why do you modified your car? within the General - Off topic forums, part of the TunedTech's General category; Saw this post today and thought it would be great discussion, so i decided to post it up! In the Modified World we come across a wide variety of paths ...

TunedTech.ca   TunedTech's General   General - Off topic

Thank you for visiting the TunedTech Forums for the Car Enthusiasts. We setup this forum so you can chat and meet other car tuners and enthusiasts members online who have similar interests in cars. Our forums are for discussing everything from off topic to the best fuel injectors for your turbo setup. We know that not everyone has just one car, so our forum of many different cars allows you to chat about them all in one place!

Right now, You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, view our gallery, play arcade games, chat box, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast and absolutely free ...

JOIN NOW FOR FREE!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2011, 09:47 PM   #1
ttech Super Mod

My Ride: Rb26det
Posts Perday: 0.16

Default Why do you modified your car?

Saw this post today and thought it would be great discussion, so i decided to post it up!

Quote:
In the Modified World we come across a wide variety of paths to choose how we express our passion through a vehicle. Some of you may have the desire to drive a car you see in the movies and some may just want a vehicle you like to get your hands dirty on. When the transition from a person who owns a stock vehicle to a modified vehicle takes place, you suddenly realize that you are not the only person passionate about your ride. At this time you understand that there are others around you that have inspired and motivated you in this process just as you have done for them. Enthusiasts from all over the globe can now inspire, chat and learn from one another via internet forums, blogs, magazine websites, and video networks. I have been an enthusiast of all types of passions from Low-riders to Import Tuning, Luxury Sedans, and now I found a love for the Euro Scene. Some have asked me how I express my passion through a vehicle and as a business owner I try not to go totally wild but simply have a sporty, stanced out and clean ride.

As the years go on, there is a time when we realize how great this industry really is. In life most of us live our lives by a certain type of culture and the beautiful thing about the aftermarket auto industry is it brings together many different types of cultures into one specific area. At that point we begin to see that even though we come from different areas, we are not so different. It's these days that define the meaning of being a true community. It's these days we all become one. This is our life and I believe many of you out there would agree, like you, this is our love.
Why did you Modify your ride? Share your story.

This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become part of the Community.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:45 PM   #2
ttech Super Mod

My Ride: 06 Mazdaspeed 6
Posts Perday: 0.62
DefaultRe: Why do you modified your car?

It all started when i got upgraded leather instead of cloth interior. then from there i got subs to increase stock sound, while i was at it, i added a new headunit, and a new dash, added a car starter also for these harsh winters and an after market car alarm.

i modify for a purpose ;)

until... i added underglow which i took off immedietly, lowered my car, tinted windows, aftermarket rims, intake

this year.. my car is going lower, getting a new bumper which is being painted as we speak, re painting the calipers, custom halo's in stock headlight housing, after 2 years i'm going to upgrade the HID's, get fog lights, get a shark fin antenna, and maybe i might finally go with an exhaust this year ;) if not exhaust then definitely a rear window spoiler ftw =p

Old 02-12-2011, 06:33 PM   #3
tTECH fan

My Ride: 05 Civic Coupe
Posts Perday: 0.15
DefaultRe: Why do you modified your car?

i like the feel of my car better when its lowered and and has all kinds of goodies on the suspension, plus i used to love freaking guys out in their m3 on the track when i would rape them anally in the corners then watch them gloat as they passed me on a straight when im still laughing at them