Ford signed Ken Block

This is a discussion on Ford signed Ken Block within the General - Off topic forums, part of the TunedTech's General category; www.rally-america.com You know Ken Block as the star of those Gymkhana videos, which have made this corn-fed American rally driver an internet celebrity on YouTube. Usually seen whipping his trademark ...

TunedTech.ca   TunedTech's General   General - Off topic

Thank you for visiting the TunedTech Forums for the Car Enthusiasts. We setup this forum so you can chat and meet other car tuners and enthusiasts members online who have similar interests in cars. Our forums are for discussing everything from off topic to the best fuel injectors for your turbo setup. We know that not everyone has just one car, so our forum of many different cars allows you to chat about them all in one place!

Right now, You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, view our gallery, play arcade games, chat box, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast and absolutely free ...

JOIN NOW FOR FREE!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2010, 02:32 PM   #1
Home boy...

My Ride: g37x
Posts Perday: 1.11

Default Ford signed Ken Block

www.rally-america.com

You know Ken Block as the star of those Gymkhana videos, which have made this corn-fed American rally driver an internet celebrity on YouTube. Usually seen whipping his trademark Subaru WRX STi around an abandoned airport and through empty hangars, Block makes the difficult task of rally driving look downright easy. From now on, however, you'll be seeing him do his thing in a Ford rather than a Subaru.

The 42-year-old driver announced today that not only will he be driving Fords from now on, but in addition to competing in the Rally America Championship and X Games like always, he will also compete on the rally world's biggest stage: the World Rally Championship. Block will reportedly be the first American driver to compete in WRC, and to get the job done he's formed a new rally team with sponsors Ford, Monster Energy Drink, DC Shoes (the company Block co-founded), the video game Dirt2 and Castrol Edge.

What will Block be driving in 2010 if not a WRX STi? He'll be behind the wheel of a Focus RS prepared by M-Sport for the WRC and Ford's new rally Fiesta when off-roading in America for the RAC and X-Games. We don't know which Ford he'll drive in the next Gymkhana video, but rest assured because we're told there will be another.

[Sources: Ford, Monster Energy]Continue reading Ken Block dropping trademark Subaru for two Fords

This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become part of the Community.
D one
A ccelerating

Old 02-01-2010, 03:49 PM   #2
ttech Super Mod

My Ride: AP2
Posts Perday: 0.14

A closer look at Ken's new ride

Old 02-01-2010, 06:27 PM   #3
ttech Mod

My Ride: 94 civic ex coupe
Posts Perday: 0.38

thats some bullshit that sti was sick nd now he has a piece of shit ford?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Old 02-03-2010, 11:35 AM   #4
ttech Super Mod

Ken Block goes flat out in his Rally Fiesta on ice during Sno*Drift testing

In recent news as you may have heard, Ken Block and Monster Energy and switched automotive base camps by teaming up with Ford Motor Company to campaign a Ford Fiesta in the 2010 Rally America Series. The word Fiesta has always brought to my mind the beater Ford produced in the 80’s. Being a huge fan of the Ford Cosworth vehicles that were offered in Europe, its good to see Ford stepping up to the american market with a similar vehicle we could only see in magazines or on Motorsport Mundial late at night.

Considering Subaru sold more cars in North America than any other manufacturer last year and Fords sudden interest in small awd turbo platforms, they may have smelled the coffee and are laying the groundwork to launch a street version of this Fiesta in the not so distant future. Hopefully they change the name before now and then…I still don’t know if I could ever shake the troubling thoughts those 80’s beaters give me.

Old 02-16-2010, 01:32 PM   #5
ttech Super Mod

DefaultRe: Ford signed Ken Block

Hitler found out that Ken went to drive for FORD...

Old 02-18-2010, 12:43 AM   #6
ttech Mod

My Ride: 94 civic ex coupe
Posts Perday: 0.38
DefaultRe: Ford signed Ken Block

ahahahahahahahahahah XD