dont press 90# on your phone

This is a discussion on dont press 90# on your phone within the General - Off topic forums, part of the TunedTech's General category; Donít do this because it will cost you a lot of money Donít press 90# on your telephone This was sent to me by a friend > PASS ON TO ...

TunedTech.ca   TunedTech's General   General - Off topic

Thank you for visiting the TunedTech Forums for the Car Enthusiasts. We setup this forum so you can chat and meet other car tuners and enthusiasts members online who have similar interests in cars. Our forums are for discussing everything from off topic to the best fuel injectors for your turbo setup. We know that not everyone has just one car, so our forum of many different cars allows you to chat about them all in one place!

Right now, You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, view our gallery, play arcade games, chat box, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast and absolutely free ...

JOIN NOW FOR FREE!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2009, 08:12 AM   #1
ttech Mod

My Ride: my 2 feet
Posts Perday: 1.04

Default dont press 90# on your phone

Donít do this because it will cost you a lot of money

Donít press 90# on your telephone

This was sent to me by a friend

> PASS ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW

> I received a telephone call last evening from an individual identifying himself as an AT&T Service Technician (could also be Telus) who was conducting a test on the telephone lines. He stated that to complete the test I should touch nine(9), ze ro(0), the pound sign (#), and then hang up. Luckily, I was suspicious and refused.

> Upon contacting the telephone company, I was informed that by pushing 90#, you give the requesting individual full access to your telephone line, which enables them to place long distance calls billed to your home phone number.

> I was further informed that this scam has been originating from many local jails/prisons DO NOT press 90# for ANYONE.

> The GTE Security Department requested that I share this information with EVERYONE I KNOW.
> After checking with Verizon they also said it was true, so do not dial 90# for anyone !!!!!

> I dialed '0', to check this out, asked the operator, who confirmed that this was correct
> so please pass it on . . . (l also checked out Snopes.Com <http://snopes.Com/> . This is true, and also applies to cell phones!)
>

This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become part of the Community.

RIP twinkie u will be forever missed