being a car enthusiasts and living with multiple sclerosis

This is a discussion on being a car enthusiasts and living with multiple sclerosis within the General - Off topic forums, part of the TunedTech's General category; hey guys i know this is a strange topic but i am bored and i decided to make it anyway 3 months ago i was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (chronic ...

TunedTech.ca   TunedTech's General   General - Off topic

Thank you for visiting the TunedTech Forums for the Car Enthusiasts. We setup this forum so you can chat and meet other car tuners and enthusiasts members online who have similar interests in cars. Our forums are for discussing everything from off topic to the best fuel injectors for your turbo setup. We know that not everyone has just one car, so our forum of many different cars allows you to chat about them all in one place!

Right now, You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, view our gallery, play arcade games, chat box, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast and absolutely free ...

JOIN NOW FOR FREE!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2009, 12:52 AM   #1
ttech Mod

My Ride: my 2 feet
Posts Perday: 1.04

Default being a car enthusiasts and living with multiple sclerosis

hey guys i know this is a strange topic but i am bored and i decided to make it anyway

3 months ago i was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (chronic nerve disease)
i still dont know much about it because i just try not to think about it i try to put it out of my mind because it just forced my life into a very quick and short uturn

it all started with numbness in my left side and then moved to my eyes which caused me to have alot of trouble seeing i couldnt even read what im typing now a month ago and then moved to severe numbness in my legs which made it hard to walk

they diagnosed me the first week of march and started me on steroids, then moved onto a daily shot which i will have to take for the rest of my life (yeah it sucks) and about 3 weeks ago i started chemo therapy i have only done one and i am starting to feel better i now have no numbness at all and my sight is coming back and i can actually walk with out the use of my cane for the first time in almost 3 months

i have actually been able to start on my 4dr project sleeper build and that has been very nice when my sight went bad i was not able to see well enough to drive therefor making it impossible for me to work since eventhough i am a mechanic i work at the airport as such and i drive all over the airport and fix shit and therfore i have been on medical leave from work for the past 3 months (since feb 25th) now that i am getting better i am able to drive i just try to be carfull since my peripheril vision is not entirely back and i cant see out the corner of my eyes

i would go back to work in the next few days but i cant for 2 reasons
#1 my doctor wont let me he says im not ready for all that stress yet
#2 i dont have a car that i can legaly drive on the streets right now because i had to drop the insurance on my crx because of the fact that i have no income other that selling my shit right now and the fact that my sedan wont pass emmissions right now and the fact that i dont have the money to register or liscence or insure it which means i am fu**ed until i get some money and i have short term dissability but they are taking thier sweet ass time in their decision to either approve or disaprove my claim

if they approve my claim i will get around 3,000 from them for the past few months since they are being incredibly slow i might never see anymoney from them

but the reason this disease could and is really difficult for the car enthusiest is because it comes and goes as it pleases and there can be so many different symptoms that its not even funny for example there is a condition called optic neuritis caused by ms and it could even put me in a wheel chair and make me a quadrapalegic at any time there is no cure so basically i could be 100% back to normal in the morning and in a month i could be in a wheelchair and i never know what is going to happen

ok well i have writen a long enough book so thanks to those who read but please dont pitty me i hate that but thanks all of you you all seem to be a great bunch of people

thanks for reading
zac

This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become part of the Community.

RIP twinkie u will be forever missed

Old 05-26-2009, 01:22 AM   #2
tTECH fan

My Ride: '08 Mustang
Posts Perday: 0.10

i hope you get better each day br0..

Old 05-26-2009, 01:43 AM   #3
Home boy...

My Ride: g37x
Posts Perday: 1.11

damn bro... hope you get better.. i support you all the way..
D one
A ccelerating

Old 05-26-2009, 01:48 AM   #4
ttech Super Mod

My Ride: Rb26det
Posts Perday: 0.15

hope you get approve with your claim and hope you get better and better.. cheer up man..

Old 05-26-2009, 01:51 AM   #5
tTECH member

My Ride: Civic
Posts Perday: 0.06

shit son.. if there is anything we could help yah let us know. Get well bro!

Old 05-26-2009, 03:14 AM   #6
ttech Mod

My Ride: SR5
Posts Perday: 0.12

sad to hear that man, my friend has leukemia i see how he been im sure your feeling same thing remember friends can help a lot man.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:01 PM   #7
Home boy...

get well bro.
D one
A ccelerating

Old 05-27-2009, 02:33 AM   #8
ttech Super Mod

My Ride: Rb26det
Posts Perday: 0.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4agze View Post
sad to hear that man, my friend has leukemia i see how he been im sure your feeling same thing remember friends can help a lot man.
not all of it..

Old 05-27-2009, 02:35 AM   #9
tTECH newbie

My Ride: honda accord
Posts Perday: 0.03

sorry to hear that.. hope you get better..

Old 05-27-2009, 02:38 AM   #10
tTECH newbie

My Ride: Corola
Posts Perday: 0.02

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorie View Post
sorry to hear that.. hope you get better..
hope you get better bro

Old 05-27-2009, 05:20 PM   #11
ttech Mod

thanks erveryone

i am pretty much out of my flare up now thank god

about a month ago neither me nor my doctor thought i would be able to see well enough to drive ever again thatnk god we were both wrong cause i can already see pretty good already and now i just need to do 2 more chemo treatments and a follow up mri to check on my brain lesions and he should let me go back to work

Old 06-04-2009, 11:59 PM   #12
tTECH member

My Ride: 2000 Chevy Extreme
Posts Perday: 0.05

You know I've got your back Zac! Keep your head up! Good things will follow. You are far greater than you have ever dreamed of being. And no matter what you are experiencing in your life right now, trust that all is good and unfolding in your best interest. It may not look pretty, but it is exactly what you need to learn, and for you to grow into the person you have been destined to become. Everything occurring in your life has been perfectly orchestrated to inspire your maximal evolution as a human being and bring you into your true power. Learn from life and allow it to take you where you are meant to go - it has your highest interest in mind!
1996 Civic EX "Sold"

http://www.facebook.com/ImageoftheInvisible

Old 06-05-2009, 12:05 AM   #13
ttech Mod

today has sucked ass cuz my ms is hitting me hard today my hans are numb and i have double vision and im having trouble walking again it sucks dick but i am trying to deal with it shit im even wearing an eye patch like a pirate lol so that i can see without wanting to pass out

on a good note at least the halucination of eyes on my hand is gone lmao

luckily i have a good friend david aka 2 slo geo to help me out during flare ups lol if it wasnt for him i would be stuck in my house and would not be working on my new car

Old 06-05-2009, 12:06 AM   #14
Home boy...

very well said.. remember ttech members got your back
D one
A ccelerating

Old 06-05-2009, 12:10 AM   #15
ttech Mod

i have started to learn that i go in for another chemo treatment on monday and that sucks donkey dick cuz my birthday is on wensday lol