Remote lambo doors

This is a discussion on Remote lambo doors within the Exterior & Interior - Looks - Appearance forums, part of the Technicals and Performance category; Ok So the time has come for me to start thinking about those way cool Lambo Doors that my 350z is dying to have implanted into it's sides. It's probably ...

TunedTech.ca   Technicals and Performance   Exterior & Interior - Looks - Appearance

Thank you for visiting the TunedTech Forums for the Car Enthusiasts. We setup this forum so you can chat and meet other car tuners and enthusiasts members online who have similar interests in cars. Our forums are for discussing everything from off topic to the best fuel injectors for your turbo setup. We know that not everyone has just one car, so our forum of many different cars allows you to chat about them all in one place!

Right now, You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, view our gallery, play arcade games, chat box, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast and absolutely free ...

JOIN NOW FOR FREE!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #1
tTECH newbie

My Ride: '05 350Z Twin Turbo
Posts Perday: 0.01

Default Remote lambo doors

Ok So the time has come for me to start thinking about those way cool Lambo Doors that my 350z is dying to have implanted into it's sides. It's probably the only thing left that could be done to the car, yes I know... there is plenty more that could be done to the car but I am talking as far as for myself, what I would like to have.
I do have many questions though, As I am sure many before me have had.
  1. Which company makes the best Lambo Door?
  2. Are the bolt-on the way to go or is welding better?
  3. Are there different range of distances for the remote?
  4. Should I just have all the hardware machined myself, or buy a kit?
  5. How many degrees to go on the swing open?
  6. What about the closing motion, Will that be manuel or can I do remote close also?
  7. Should I then do away with the door-handles?
  8. If I do away with the door handles that means I have to have the doors painted.... they will NEVER match car or look as good as rest of the car!
  9. Where shall one go to get all these questions answered?
Well I thought about many more questions when I was out in the garage talking with "Da Z-Baby" aka "Gilis", (yes girls name their cars too guys!!) But I don't want to over-load yous all... Soooo here's where yous guys come in.... Please help with any information that you may have on this subject, any ideas or thoughts. THANK YOU in advace

This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become part of the Community.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #2
Home boy...

My Ride: g37x
Posts Perday: 1.10
DefaultRe: Remote lambo doors

I always wanted to have a Lambo doors when I have my old EG6 but then I think about it and I thought it would be too much for me but it does not meant to you

Which company makes the best Lambo Door?

I don't know any company that makes lambo lol but maybe if your looking to get a custom made one then try one of our sponsor 310Tuner.com they are mostly make custom hood hinges but you can always try to ask and maybe they can make you a custom Lambo door for your ride

Are the bolt-on the way to go or is welding better?

Depends..both of them have their advantage and disadvantage, this really up to you!
Bolt-on will give you an option to remove them if you don't like them anymore, but bolt-on is not stronger than the welded Lambo doors.

Are there different range of distances for the remote?

Yes of course. Just think about a remote starter, you can always go with the cheap remote which will have short distance or an expensive one which will have more distance.

Should I just have all the hardware machined myself, or buy a kit?

Well if you really good at machining then why not? this will save you a lot of money and you have something to be proud of! you can say, Hey I made my custom lambo kit lol

but if you don't know how to machine your own (which I'm not saying you don't) then i highly suggest to buy a kit instead rather screwing something up!

How many degrees to go on the swing open?

I think 90 degrees will be enough. I think :)

What about the closing motion, Will that be manuel or can I do remote close also?

Remote close will be cooler. imagine you don't have to touch your car to open it and close it

Should I then do away with the door-handles?

I think I would keep the door handles.. I've seen cars without a door handles and it doesn't look right to my eyes for some reason. Also if something gone wrong with the remote you can always open the door with that handles

Where shall one go to get all these questions answered?

You don't have to go anywhere else!

Hope this help!
D one
A ccelerating

Old 01-03-2012, 12:25 AM   #3
tTECH newbie

My Ride: '05 350Z Twin Turbo
Posts Perday: 0.01

I have found few different brands of Lambo Door Kits, having said that I can only find 2 that do remote kits. Could shave door handles and relocate them at the hood near windowshield. As a matter of fact I program and maintenance Robtics and CNC machines, I have been a machinist by trade for about 12 years. but I have researched some of the kits and machining the hardware myself isn't practical. BTW do you have thoughts on LEDs and such to lite that car up? My '96 750 SRAD I have all lit up but that totally different being its a motorcycle. Just tryin to get a feeling on how lit-up cars are viewed around in different areas. Thanx for us input

Old 01-03-2012, 12:52 AM   #4
ttech Super Mod

My Ride: Rb26det
Posts Perday: 0.15

It looks like the question of this thread has been solve? so if you are seeking for another advice/help I suggest you to create another thread regards to our forum rules

Old 02-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #5
Home boy...

My Ride: g37x
Posts Perday: 1.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm_type View Post
It looks like the question of this thread has been solve? so if you are seeking for another advice/help I suggest you to create another thread regards to our forum rules
your the man
D one
A ccelerating