As newb as they get

This is a discussion on As newb as they get within the Newb Introductions & Greetings forums, part of the TunedTech's General category; What up, I'm Logan from Indiana and I'm looking at suping up my Saturn SL!. Stupid? Pointless? Maybe... But wouldn't it be tight if I could do it? The problem ...

TunedTech.ca   TunedTech's General   Newb Introductions & Greetings

Thank you for visiting the TunedTech Forums for the Car Enthusiasts. We setup this forum so you can chat and meet other car tuners and enthusiasts members online who have similar interests in cars. Our forums are for discussing everything from off topic to the best fuel injectors for your turbo setup. We know that not everyone has just one car, so our forum of many different cars allows you to chat about them all in one place!

Right now, You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, view our gallery, play arcade games, chat box, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast and absolutely free ...

JOIN NOW FOR FREE!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2012, 12:10 AM   #1
tTECH newbie

My Ride: 2002 Saturn SL1
Posts Perday: 0.00

Default As newb as they get

What up, I'm Logan from Indiana and I'm looking at suping up my Saturn SL!. Stupid? Pointless? Maybe... But wouldn't it be tight if I could do it? The problem is I need YOU to help me do it, because I'm clueless to most of this. Any (serious) advice, tips, helpful suggestions, please lay it on me. Thanks everyone!

This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become part of the Community.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:52 AM   #2
ttech Super Mod

My Ride: 06 Mazdaspeed 6
Posts Perday: 0.64
DefaultRe: As newb as they get

first serious advice.
post a picture of what WE are working with.

are you looking at just exterior mods? or exterior with some engine work? exterior and interior? just engine work? or just interior?

Welcome to tunedtech!

Old 08-29-2012, 07:57 PM   #3
tTECH newbie

My Ride: 2002 Saturn SL1
Posts Perday: 0.00

I can't figure out how to post picures.. It's been a long day, lol. Anyways, I want to start with the guts first, and if that turns out well we can put some make up on her. The engine is a 1.9L with a four speed automatic tranny. This beast puts out a whopping hundred horse. I know people have done some pretty decent things with the focus 1.9, so I was thinking I could too. What do you think?

Old 08-30-2012, 10:05 PM   #4
Home boy...

My Ride: g37x
Posts Perday: 1.18

You could probably do it! if you put a lot of time and money on it anything can be done right as long as you have the right amount of dough

btw.. Welcome to the forum! if you have more question please make a thread to our Technical section

D one
A ccelerating

Old 08-31-2012, 07:32 AM   #5
ttech Super Mod

My Ride: 06 Mazdaspeed 6
Posts Perday: 0.64

Welll if by working on the guts you don't mean trying to make it faster then thats a good start.

i wouldn't bother with that engine. IF you want to keep that engine, regular maintenance should be more focused on. fluids, filters, check the hoses for cracks, etc. maybe you can upgrade the throttle body and get a short ram intake for it, maybe get a new header and a downpipe.

you'd be pushing a bit more horsepower with those mods, but she'd sound mean.

and for posting pictures.

i would use imgur.com to upload them and post a link on here or in the [img] box code.

otherwise, you can upload from imageshack or photobucket, or whatever thirdperson hosting site you feel comfortable with using.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #6
Home boy...

My Ride: g37x
Posts Perday: 1.18

just to add up.. you can upload photos here as well
D one
A ccelerating