hello to the fellow tuning community

This is a discussion on hello to the fellow tuning community within the Newb Introductions & Greetings forums, part of the TunedTech's General category; hi everyone, i'm new to the whole forum thing but hope to get some really helpful info from this community. i've been into hondas ever since i picked my first ...

TunedTech.ca   TunedTech's General   Newb Introductions & Greetings

Thank you for visiting the TunedTech Forums for the Car Enthusiasts. We setup this forum so you can chat and meet other car tuners and enthusiasts members online who have similar interests in cars. Our forums are for discussing everything from off topic to the best fuel injectors for your turbo setup. We know that not everyone has just one car, so our forum of many different cars allows you to chat about them all in one place!

Right now, You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, view our gallery, play arcade games, chat box, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast and absolutely free ...

JOIN NOW FOR FREE!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
tTECH newbie

My Ride: 1990 civic lx
Posts Perday: 0.00

Default hello to the fellow tuning community

hi everyone, i'm new to the whole forum thing but hope to get some really helpful info from this community. i've been into hondas ever since i picked my first one up about five years ago. it was an 87 CRX SI. very fun little car as were the other hondas i've own including an 87 DX sedan, 94 ex coupe and now a 1990 lx sedan. hope to get some good info and feedback.

This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become part of the Community.

Old 07-14-2011, 01:11 PM   #2
ttech Super Mod

My Ride: 06 Mazdaspeed 6
Posts Perday: 0.63
DefaultRe: hello to the fellow tuning community

Welcome to TunedTech!

you have any pictures of any of the cars?

all of them are light little cars ;) i'm assuming you've done some engine mods?

Old 07-14-2011, 06:15 PM   #3
Home boy...

My Ride: g37x
Posts Perday: 1.17

Welcome and Enjoy
D one
A ccelerating

Old 07-15-2011, 07:48 AM   #4
tTECH newbie

well the ED3 i have right now is bone stock at the moment. i had a header, full exhaust, test pipe, intake system, MSD streetfire ignition box, g sport cap and rotor, magstar 8.5mm race wires and ngk iridium plugs in my ex coupe i had also had coilovers and del sol wheels on it. i have pics of my sedan and my coupe but unfortunately i don't have pics of either of my 87's. i'll see if i can toss some up in a bit. and thanks Raid3n.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:18 AM   #5
tTECH newbie

I do have some mods planned but one step at a time haha. already have a header test pipe, and muffler picked out for the sedan. the mid pipe is brand new and looks larger than stock so i don't want to waist it. i'll fab up an intake for it when i get the chance as well.

Old 07-15-2011, 02:07 PM   #6
ttech Super Mod

that honda looks like it goes pretty fast ;) BWAHHHHH

Little by little and step by step and youll get there ;) keep up the good work and keep us posted =)

Old 07-16-2011, 07:34 AM   #7
tTECH newbie

thanks guys, will do.

Old 07-16-2011, 08:28 AM   #8
Home boy...

My Ride: g37x
Posts Perday: 1.17

patience is your number 1 key
D one
A ccelerating

Old 07-17-2011, 02:18 PM   #9
ttech Super Mod

im at the edge of my patience trying to sell my car... no one has money

Old 07-18-2011, 09:19 AM   #10
tTECH newbie

haha, yeah patience is everything. it was absolutely pure luck that i found my ED3 when i did. the intake gasket went out in my 99 grand caravan and was causing me real problems including throwing my gas mileage out the window(it didn't get crap for mileage before the gasket even popped). we happened to be coming home from a picnic when we drove past it with a for sale sign in the window. we stopped and got the number off of it and called him the next morning. once i actually got to talk to him and look at the car closer i found out the motor had recieved new rings and bearings which esentially ment a rebuilt motor. the heads valves and seats had been redone as well. it only had 15k since it recieved the work and was able to snatch it up for 600 bucks. that wasn't exactly easy to come by though, i had to scrap the van(which was our only vehicle at the time) and borrow some cash from my brother for the rest of it including the tag and title transfer. the only thing i had to do to the car when i bought it was put an alternator on it, the fuel pump relay was giving me fits so i bought a new one of those as well. i haven't had a single problem out of it since. i've had the car going on three months now and can't wait to give it some power adders. this is the slowest honda i've owned and it's probably due to the cars high gearing but it offers the opportunity for a lot of mid range romping. i'll definitely keep everyone updated on it. i'm more excited about this one than i was my ej1 lol.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:24 AM   #11
ttech Super Mod

$600 for a car?? wow, that's great what a steal, great find! going from a mini van to a nice little honda must be nice =p insurance must be cheap on it also =p