Car not holding boast pressure?

This is a discussion on Car not holding boast pressure? within the Newb Introductions & Greetings forums, part of the TunedTech's General category; Hello guys. Im abit stuck with my car, I have a peugeot 207 gti 175 thp 2007 (mini coopers engine) . Basically ive had the car remapped, which should take ...

TunedTech.ca   TunedTech's General   Newb Introductions & Greetings

Thank you for visiting the TunedTech Forums for the Car Enthusiasts. We setup this forum so you can chat and meet other car tuners and enthusiasts members online who have similar interests in cars. Our forums are for discussing everything from off topic to the best fuel injectors for your turbo setup. We know that not everyone has just one car, so our forum of many different cars allows you to chat about them all in one place!

Right now, You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, view our gallery, play arcade games, chat box, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast and absolutely free ...

JOIN NOW FOR FREE!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #1
tTECH newbie

My Ride: 207 gti
Posts Perday: 0.00

Default Car not holding boast pressure?

Hello guys.

Im abit stuck with my car, I have a peugeot 207 gti 175 thp 2007 (mini coopers engine) .

Basically ive had the car remapped, which should take the car to over 200bhp, I was disappointed after the map because i couldn't feel any difference in proformance .

I had the car put on a dyno and it only reached 168 bhp, this was a different companies dyno to the one that mapped my car so they looked at my codes and said that the remap was very good and they couldn't do much better themselves, also they was baffled as to why the map wasnt working. Anyways the mapping company had a friend who works at peugeot and said if i took the car round he would plug it in to peugeot planet to check everything was ok, which we did and no fault codes came up.

I had my head under the bonnet when I got home and realised my air flow sensor was disconnected (im no expert but I know this should of brought my engine management light which it didnt) i reconnected it, thinking this would solve it but it didn't make no difference to proformance at all.

Also sometimes when I start the car up you can hear the turbo sucking air in even though im stationary, which makes the car rev up to about 1300 revs once warmed up it drops down to below 1000, is this normal or could this have something to do with my problem?

Im guessing because peugeot plugged my car in and no codes came up at, this leads me to believe the problem is mechanical and not electrical, but where do i start looking first? Only things i can think of is my turbo acuator is not opening fully or my waste gate is stuck open.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, if I can't solve this then I think I may just get rid. Thanks guys

This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become part of the Community.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:55 AM   #2
Home boy...

My Ride: g37x
Posts Perday: 1.11
DefaultRe: Car not holding boast pressure?

perhaps you should post this in our help section :D

Welcome to TunedTech
D one
A ccelerating